SESSION TITLE: Ensuring Privacy and Data Protection in Mobile Banking Digital Payment Platforms: Addressing Challenges and Solutions in Africa
Date: Wednesday 8th November, 2023 Time: 10:36am - 11:50am (GMT +4)
Moderator: Vrigesh Futta - Executive Director of the Mauritius Emerging Technologies Council
Speakers: R.Mukoon , Anriette Esterhuysen, Ms. Sheila Ujoodha, Charles Okaformbah, Shalinee Dreepaul Halkhoree
Mobile banking and digital payment platforms have become increasingly popular in Africa, providing convenient and accessible financial services to millions of people. However, with the rise of these platforms comes the need to ensure privacy and data protection for users. This session will explore the challenges and solutions for ensuring privacy and data protection in mobile banking and digital payment platforms in Africa.
• To identify the challenges facing mobile banking and digital payment platforms in Africa in terms of privacy and data protection
• To discuss the potential solutions for addressing these challenges and ensuring privacy and data protection for users
• To share best practices and case studies from successful implementations of privacy and data protection measures in mobile banking and digital payment platforms in Africa
1. Introduction and Opening Remarks
- Welcome address and session overview by the moderator
- Brief introduction of the panelists
2. Challenges and Risks in Mobile Banking Digital Payment Platforms in Africa
- Discussion on the unique challenges faced by mobile banking platforms in Africa regarding privacy and data protection
- Identification of potential risks and vulnerabilities in the current landscape
3. Regulatory Frameworks and Policies
- Overview of existing regulatory frameworks and policies related to privacy and data protection in African countries
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of current regulations and identification of areas for improvement
4. Innovative Technologies and Strategies for Privacy and Data Protectiona
- Exploration of innovative technologies and strategies that can enhance privacy and data protection in mobile banking
- Case studies highlighting successful implementations and their impact on user trust and adoption
5. Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Sharing of best practices from industry leaders and experts in privacy and data protection
- Lessons learned from previous experiences in implementing privacy and data protection measures
6. Audience Engagement and Q&A
- Interactive session with audience participation through Q&A sessions and online polls
- Addressing specific concerns and questions from the participants
7. Wrap-up and Closing Remarks
- Summary of key insights and takeaways from the session
- Closing remarks by the moderator
- Policy makers and government officials involved in formulating regulations related to mobile banking and digital payments.
- Representatives from financial institutions, mobile network operators, and payment service providers.
- Data protection officers and privacy professionals.
- Legal experts specializing in privacy and data protection.
- Technology providers and developers of mobile banking solutions.
- Academics, researchers, and students interested in the African fintech ecosystem.
- A deeper understanding of the challenges and risks associated with privacy and data protection in mobile banking digital payment platforms in Africa
- Knowledge of the existing regulatory frameworks and policies related to privacy and data protection in African countries
- Insights into innovative technologies and strategies that can be employed to enhance privacy and data protection in mobile banking platforms
- Best practices and case studies showcasing successful implementations of privacy and data protection measures in African mobile banking digital payment platforms
- Networking opportunities with industry experts, policymakers, and stakeholders in the African fintech ecosystem.